Long time since last update. I haven't had much time to work on the machine so the progress had been slow.
I finally got the X axis running with both motors. I had some problems with vibration but got those pretty much solved by re-aligning the X-ballscrew.
The electronics are now housed in this box mounted on the side of the machine.
I have also added homing switches for the Y and X axis. These are used to set the zero points for the coordinate system.
This touch plate is used to zero the Z axis. The machine will run slowly downward until the tool touches the plate and completes the circuit.
Video of the homing process.