I should probably update this project too, even though the images have been here at ATM for a long time now.
Another point that needed an upgrade was the Z-axis top plate mounting. When drilling into aluminium the mount could be seen flexing /skewing which affected the precision on Z-axis. I made those L-angles -from 6mm aluminium and attached them with screws to solve the problem.
Here you can see the upgrades to the Z-axis.
I also made these stiffening parts for the X-axis, but they didn\'t have much effect.
And a holder part for the X-axis ballnut to mount it properly using bolts instead of screws. The picture is taken before I drilled and tapped the holes for bolts. I used a wrong kind of endmill for drilling those holes and had some serious issues with vibration. As you can see, some of the holes are not round at all.
Remove this ad by registering or by logging in.
Login with your Facebook account to comment: